Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Farewell Thee Red Dragon

Well, now that I'm back to blogging, its time to catch up with some of the posts that should have been written / completed weeks ago. Just a couple of days before Christmas I sold the only car I have ever owned. It was a 1992 Nissan 300ZX, 2+2 with T-Tops. As a reference, I bought it second hand in 1998. The catalyst for me selling the Red Dragon was the fact that, well, simply stated, it was a piece of shit that kept breaking. DAMN YOU RED DRAGON!!!



Anyways, to give it its proper eulogy, here are some of the more memorable comments by my friends and just random people over the years:

"Dude, I know exactly when you're back everyday because I can hear your car scrape the driveway" - old roommate Mike
"Glad to hear the Red Dragon wasn´t impounded by the hardcore FBI security patrol at xxxxx (company where I work). I guess we´ll be seing the reborn dragon on the pages of Car & Driver soon." - co-worker Tony after hearing about the enthusiastic new owner who promises to bring back the Red Dragon.
"Well that's only because you bought it so used. - Ray after hearing about the Red Dragon's multiple problems
"Now are you going to pick her up in the Red Dragon?" - Cheryl wondering if the Red Dragon was still suitable for use on dates.
"Definitely.. and it could also kill you" - Mechanic responding to whether the Red Dragon's leaky fuel injectors were worsening the gas mileage.
"What a sad day! Any time I ride in a car that smells like carbon monoxide or gasoline, I will think fondly of the Red Dragon." - Old roommate Chris who had once ridden in the Red Dragon while it was spewing flames.
"I'm guessing that baby's not exactly street legal anymore." - Frank the Tank, after taking off the Red Dragon's restrictor plate.
"T-Tops huh? All you need is some 80's rock now" - Craig after seeing the Red Dragon roll in topless.
"Did you know that the heater-core is going out cause the leaks on the driver side" -the new owner via e-mail, after exactly 11 days of owning the car.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?